Sunday, July 2, 2006

July 1st Update

The past few weeks have been full of visits from friends and family, including a "spontaneous" open-house where 65 people came to get and give hugs to Ray. We are considering installing a revolving door on the front so that people don't bump into each other as they come and go!

 

We celebrated Ray’s final radiation treatment. Staff at the hospital were particularly happy because the journey for our Urban Warrior has been smooth sailing … he continues to break expectations as he walks through this experience displaying very few side effects. The man is truly a warrior and all of us who are watching this closely continue to use the word miracle to describe his ability to remain positive and fully active in his personal and professional worlds.

 

One of the attached pictures is Ray at our favorite radio station, WPFW 89.3 FM, one of the Pacifica Stations. The station is member owned and in DC, covers current events and plays powerful music including what we call American Classical Music: Jazz.

Ray has been producing public interest shows for WPFW for over twenty five years, his first series was called INSIDE OUT, a prison reform talk show format for inmates to call in to the station.

 

Recently he developed and produced CrossRoads: Where Criminal and Social Justice Meet, an hour long public interest monthly series focusing on issues of public safety and justice.

 

Thanks for your continued love, support and positive vibrations.  Keep 'em coming!

Love, Noe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am both a Gemini and bi-polar, it's not easy to be in two places at once, even for me.  But seeing my dear Ray and Noerena surrounded by some of my other dear friends makes me feel as though I were in Takoma as well as North Carolina.  Can I be a Diva at a Distance???  If you feel a cool breeze cutting through the rain and heat, know that I am thinking of you both...and sending love, light, and laughter back at y'all.  Love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Hello Ray, Noe and friends,

Here are the lyrics for "Come On Home Baby", a song written for Ray and Noe and their journey of love, inspiration and friendship.  This song will be recorded this Friday, July 7, and copies will be available through WPFW; all proceeds will go to the CrossRoads show. You can contact Noe for details.


"Come On Home Baby"

CHORUS
Come on home baby
Your eyes I wanna see
Come on home baby
It’s where you ought to be… with me

VERSE 1
You smile at me
And then I know It’s gonna be fine
Your eyes I see
They shine away the ends of me
that keep me tied to urgency
you bring me back to where I wanna be

CHORUS
Come on home baby
Your eyes I wanna see
Come on home baby
It’s where you ought to be… with me

VERSE 2
I look at you
I feel the love you give to me
The things you do
You see the world and all it’s people
With only love to you we’re equal
You put your faith in the people of the world

CHORUS
Come on home baby
Your eyes I wanna see
Come on home baby
It’s where you ought to be… with me

BRIDGE
When I see the world and all it’s pain
All I wanna do is hide away
But you lead me to the place of reaching out…my hand

SOLO

BRIDGE
When I see the world and all it’s pain
All I wanna do is hide away
But you lead me to the place of reaching out…my hand

VERSE 3
We look at you, we never wanna let you go
The time will come that we have to say goodbye
But it’s only for the blink of an eye
We’re gonna be together for all time

CHORUS
Come on home baby
Your eyes I wanna see
Come on home baby
It’s where you ought to be… with me

Love,  Susie Q



Anonymous said...

looking at the joy in the faces of the people who have known and understood what it means to be loved by raymond I am reminded of a quotation:

"Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity. "
- Sean O'Casey